This position is now FILLED. If you would like to be considered for future internship opportunities or explore other ways to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about the climate and have communications experience? You may be the perfect fit for this opportunity!
Length and Location: February 2021 – July 2021 (extendable), Remote (Work from Home)
Hours: 10-15 hours/week (for college credit)
How to Apply: Email your resume and 200 words about why you are passionate about the environment, along with 2 sample social media posts about actions to take for the environment with the target audience being residents of Hingham, MA to email@example.com and JHBorger@aol.com no later than Friday, February 5.
Hingham Net Zero (Hingham, MA) is a group of residents that are concerned about the climate crisis and want to see our town take action to reduce carbon emissions. It is a community grassroots effort to educate residents about low carbon behaviors, actions and technologies and to advocate for municipal action – specifically, and most immediately, for the creation of a Climate Action Plan. HNZ currently has over 100 members and a number of volunteer working groups that engage with our community and Town Hall.
Hingham Net Zero is seeking a dynamic young person passionate about social media marketing and the environment to assist in communications efforts such as newsletters and managing social media. We are looking for someone to help increase our social media reach and grow our following, specifically within our town, with the goal of promoting our educational events, advocacy opportunities and building overall community support for climate action. This internship is an excellent opportunity to help develop and implement a social media and communications strategy and to help grow a community grassroots effort to achieve climate action at the local level.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations, Environmental or Climate Science, etc.)
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, etc
- Genuine passion and commitment to the environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well with others
- Basic video editing skills
- Attention to detail and able to make deadlines
- Confident with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of website updating a plus
- Basic graphic design skills and/or use of Canva a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- From Hingham or the South Shore preferred
- Create content for social media channels
- Monitor social media content and come up with creative new ideas for promoting our organization and what we do
- Create attractive newsletters
- Occasionally create flyers and/or other marketing materials
- Update the website with the latest information
- Draft invites for and attend all HNZ calls, help with call notes, draft meeting agendas and assist with follow-up on action items
- Assist with logistics and project management as needed